Take A Stand or Fall

I once heard the statement "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."  At the time I thought 'that's a good statement'  and tucked it away in my arsenal of interesting quotes.  It wasn't until I was faced with a really tough situation that required me to make a stand one way or the other  that I realized how true this statement really is.  In our circle of friends and family, we can all name a few people who, because of our relationship, we let wrongdoing or bad behavior slip by without calling it what it is - sin.   I do not like conflict so I avoid taking a stand that I know will cause someone else not to like me or to be mad at me. I highly value my relationships with my friends and family.  When I am in a lot of turmoil and troubled, the only place I know I will find comfort and an answer is by reading the Bible and praying.  As I was praying over this particular situation, God spoke into my heart in that still small voice and said, "Never let your love for someone negate the hatred for their sin."

As I pondered on this new revelation,  I have been deeply convicted. As Christians, we are called to be Christ-like.  That means that although I may love the person, I am not to love the sin or act like it's okay to continue to live in sin without serious consequences.    You see, we can spend all our waking hours naming sins and pointing fingers but Jesus calls us to himself.  He doesn't say 'you are a drunk, you take drugs,  you cheated on your spouse, or have a potty mouth.  He says, "Come just as you are to me.  Believe I am who I say I am."  Then He takes our mess and gives us His message.  We are not just being saved from drugs, alcohol, infidelity or any other sin.  We are being saved from an eternity without Christ.

 Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by me." Therefore without hesitation or compromise,  I stand boldly on the Truth. I am confident that no matter what I encounter in my Life, God already has made a Way.  I need only to trust Him completely.  He is my All in All.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Fools Folly

The Dorcus Project

A Thrashing On The Beach