Turning the Page....

It has been several months since I've had time to sit down and catch my breath. My car is being serviced today and since it is a gray, cold and rainy day outside, I thought it would be a good time to cozy up by the fire and write a little.

The holidays came and went with the usual flurry of activities and social engagements.  During that time we were informed that my husband was being transferred to Ft. Worth, TX.  Wow...in a moments time, everything changed.  We had thought we might retire here in Georgia but God has a better idea.  I am sad to leave my friends but I am also looking forward to what God has in store for us in our new place.  We put our house on the market and had a buyer in one day.  That was definitely a "God thing"- especially in this depressed housing market.  So far the process has gone smoothly.  I have been house hunting non-stop via the internet for weeks and so far I have it narrowed down to about 73 houses.  (I smile as I am writing because this certainly shows my inability to make a quick decision.)  I just like too many things.

Life twists and turns and you never know what is around the next corner.  I find that exhilarating!  Friends have marveled that in my 57 years of life, I have moved 23 times.  The longest I have ever lived anywhere since I left my childhood home was here in Ga and that was only for 9 years.  I guess I have a bit of gypsy blood that keeps me moving on.  It is wonderful to meet people of all walks of life with many different lifestyles.

I have no idea what God has in store for us in Texas but I am excited and looking forward to it.  God is good and therefore I can trust him completely with no fear or hesitation.  Life is a series of chapters and I have come to the end of this one.

Anticipation mounts as I am turning the page.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fools Folly

The Dorcus Project

A Thrashing On The Beach