The Waiting Game

I love to sit around waiting for .....?......., said NO ONE EVER.

I am flying to Atlanta today on a standby ticket.  That is an appropriate name for the ticket because I am "standing by" watching everyone else get a seat on the plane.   I like to be in control and have plans executed according to MY plan so I was a bit surprised when I didn't feel upset or frustrated when my name wasn't called to board.  I simply looked for a monitor to get the gate for the next flight.  My favorite pastimes are watching people and writing so I have something to occupy my time while I wait.

In my bible study recently, I have been learning to be patient and wait on God.  This is the first time I have had to exercise my new knowledge.  It is wonderful to simply rely on God and trust in His way and His time.  I don't know why I am not getting on any of the departing planes but I know there is a reason and my times are in His hands.  It is comforting for me to know that I don't have to worry, that God is going before me and will put me on the plane He wants me to be on.  I am reminded of the verse that says that man makes his plans but God directs his steps.  I have made plans but I trust God to direct my steps.  I have to remember that I do not see the "big picture".  If I do not make this flight or the next, it is simply because God wants me here at this time.  It may because He is keeping me safe from danger or it simply could be that God wants me to share the gospel with someone here who is hurting and needing the healing power of Jesus.  There really is peace when you fully trust.

So as you go through your day and things don't go just as you planned, remember the One who created you is guiding you.  He has a great plan for your life and He can bring it to pass in a life that is surrendered to Him.  Learn to enjoy the "waiting game."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fools Folly

The Dorcus Project

A Thrashing On The Beach