"D" Words

When you are down in the dumps, it's hard to see what you are missing in life.  You are in a dark place and your vision is limited.  I've been there more times than I like to admit.  Discouraged, depressed, down hearted...and all the other "d" words that get you "down" have often filled my mind and the result is a dismal life.  But I've discovered a few other "d" words that has helped me tremendously.  They are decision, determination and destiny.  Our lives are made up of a lot of mini decisions.  The result of those decisions determine your destiny.  Every person has control of their own mind.  Even when you are held captive and coerced to do things you don't want to - your mind still belongs to you.  Nobody can think for you. Even when someone tells you what to do, you decide if you are going to do it or not.  Everything starts in your mind.  I have read stories of people who lived through the horrors of the holocaust and yet came out with a positive outlook on life.  They never gave in to defeat. Great things are born in our thoughts.  You must train your mind to think good things.  Thinking on the dark side will produce a dark result.  When I find myself feeling down and discouraged, a quick analysis of what I have been thinking tells me why. If you spend your time counting your blessings instead of your troubles, you will find joy in the midst of your trouble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fools Folly

The Dorcus Project

A Thrashing On The Beach